Wireless Scheduler is a feature present in Linksys Smart Wireless router which will let you schedule when your wireless network will turn on or off. This is a great way to easily manage your network. For example, you can turn off your wireless network during day when you go to your workplace when no one is at home. You can schedule it to turn the wireless network back on when you return to your home. You can also schedule guest networks.
Before using this feature, Linksys Router Support recommends you to make sure that you are using correct time zone on your router to avoid any problems.
This Linksys Tech Support article will guide you on how to Configure Wireless Scheduler feature in your Linksys smart router. Configuration process is easy and will be done in small amount of time.
Follow steps below to configure your router:
- Open a web browser from the computer which is connected to the router.
- Enter the IP address of the router or type myrouter.local in the address bar.
- Enter the password when prompted to get access to configuration page of the router. Default password is admin.
- Go to Wireless > Wireless Scheduler.
- Under this tab, you can configure wireless scheduler by clicking on the boxes in the calendar.
Calendar will show days as rows and time as column. White boxes indicate that the wireless network is on and blue box indicate that the wireless network is off. On the bottom right of the calendar, you will see time and edit button. Use this button to change your timezone if needed.
Make sure that you have configured the scheduler in a right manner. Badly configured Wireless Scheduler will only give you problems.
If you have any questions or are facing any issues, please contact to Linksys Router Support. Call on Linksys Router Support Australia toll-free number at 1-800-987-893