Netgear has become the top player when it comes to manufacturing and marketing quality networking products. The plethora of networking products from Netgear includes networking switches as well as wired and wireless internet routers. The company has been catering to the needs of both business and homeowners with its world-class products which are manufactured using top software and hardware.& setup bridge mode on Netgear router
Every Netgear router comes with a feature known as the bridge mode which provides a number of benefits to the user apart from connecting multiple devices. We at Netgear Support are here to help you use this feature and get the full benefits of having a Netgear product. Our team of highly trained professionals has the right tools to help you set up the bridge mode without any issues.
Why should I set up the bridge mode on my Netgear router?
You can use the bridge mode on the Netgear router to connect multiple devices at a faster speed via 802.11ac. In order to accomplish this, you will need two Wi-Fi routers; one for setup and the second one to be used in bridge mode. The Netgear Router Support experts have come up with a list of advantages that the bridge mode will provide to the users. Kindly read on to find what we mean when we say that bridge mode is best for you;
Increase in Wi-Fi speeds on devices that do not support Gigabit Wi-Fi.
Use Gigabit Wi-Fi for applications including online gaming and video streaming.
Connecting multiple devices such as NAS, Smart TV, Neo TV, Blu-Ray Player, or a gaming console at Gigabit Wi-Fi speed via Wi-Fi link.
No need to get separate Wi-Fi adapters for each device.
How do I set up the bridge mode on my Netgear router?
Setup the second router in bridge mode and place it in a different room & setup bridge mode on Netgear router. Use Ethernet cables to connect the router in bridge mode to your Smart TV, DVR, gaming console, or any other device. The 802.11ac Wi-Fi connection between the two routers will allow the 802.11n device to take full benefit of a faster Wi-Fi connection.
The experts at Netgear Customer Support have come up with some simple guidelines on how you can use the bridge mode on your Netgear router. Kindly follow the guidelines mentioned below;
- Firstly, make a note of all the Wi-Fi settings of the router to which the second router is to be connected. The Netgear Support recommends that you note down the SSID, Wi-Fi Security mode, Wireless password, and the operating frequency which includes either 2.4GHZ or 5GHz.
- Next, launch a web browser from the computer or mobile device which is connected to the network of the router that will run the bridge mode.
- Now, type http://www.routerlogin.net and a login screen will be displayed. Enter the router username and password. By default, the username will be admin and the password will be password.
- Click on Advanced then select Advanced Setup. Next, select Wireless Bridge, and the Wireless Bridge page will be displayed.
- Now, select the Enable Bridge Mode checkbox.
- Click on the Setup Bridge Mode Wireless Settings option.
Enter the Settings of the other router and complete the following parameters;
Select the wireless network frequency between 2.4GHz or 5GHz and for 802.11ac, select 5GHz.
Under the Name (SSID) field, enter the Wireless Network Name (SSID).
Now, in the Security Options section select the Wi-Fi security mode of the second router.
In case you are prompted, type the password used for connecting with Wi-Fi to the router.
- Click on the Apply button. The settings for the other router will be saved and the Advanced Settings page will be displayed.
- Now, click on the Apply button on the Advanced Wireless Settings page. Your settings have been saved.
How can I connect with the experts at Netgear Customer Support?
You can connect with the highly skilled Netgear Customer Service via toll-free number at 1-800-987-893. Also, you can write about the issue affecting your connection to the internet to our professional team email@example.com.
Note: if you are looking for any kind of Router Technical Support so contact us We provide D-link Router Support, TP-Link Router Support, Belkin Router Support, Arris Router Support, Asus Router Support, Buffalo Router Support, Cisco Router Support, Linksys Router Support, Motorola Router Support, Zyxel Router Support