Netgear has become a name synonymous with the company that provides high-quality internet routers to ensure a seamless connection to the web world. Now individuals and businesses can share their data and enjoy their digital life without any worry. Netgear has made it possible for everyone to connect to the internet via their smartphones, tablet or personal computer. One of the best services offered by Netgear is the customer care unit known as the Netgear Router support.
However, those who are new to using a Netgear router may find it a bit confusing especially if they are using a cable internet connection. Our experts at Netgear technical support have come up with an easy-to-follow guide for you to easily configure your router using Netgear genie.
Guide for configuring cable internet connection
- Unplug the modem and router power cords. However, if you have a back-up battery on the modem then remove it for temporarily.
- Connect an Ethernet cable from the modem to the Internet port of the router.
- Connect an Ethernet cable from the computer to any one of the LAN ports of the router.
- Re-insert the back-up battery and reconnect the modem power. Wait for the lights to become stable.
- Reconnect the power of the router and wait for the power light to become solid green.
- Open your web browser and type the router’s IP address which should be either http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar and press Enter.
- Next, you will be prompted to login both username and password. The default username is admin and password is password. Please remember that both the username and password are case-sensitive.
- In the next window, Netgear genie will open up.
- Now select Advanced and Setup Wizard.
- Select Yes and click on Next
- The Setup will finish configuring the internet connection and a congratulations page will be displayed. Now click on take me to the internet to test the connection speed.
However, if you still feel a little confused about how to configure your cable internet connection with Norton Genie. You need not worry as our experts at Netgear router support will provide their guidance to help you out from this problem. Just Dial 1 800 987 893 for Netgear tech support.