Netgear Router Internet Connectivity Issue
Netgear is the top-most American company known worldwide for delivering top-of-the-line products to both private individuals and businesses. The company has been known for offering internet routers and network storage devices which offer unmatched performance both quality and performance wise. Netgear products work on the best technology including LTE, Wi-Fi, and Ethernet.
Netgear products offer seamless wired and wireless connection that enable networking, broadband access and network connectivity. Apart from seamless internet connectivity for both private and commercial use, the company offers a plethora of products that include;
- Wi-Fi Routers
- DSL Modems and Routers
- Wi-Fi Range Extenders
- Wi-Fi Adapters
- Home Security Products including Home Video Monitoring
- Ethernet Switch and Hubs
These wide range of products offer only the top performance and quality when it comes to connecting to the web world. One of the best service offered by Netgear includes the Netgear router support available 24*7 to assist regarding any issues affecting Netgear router performance.
Why would I need Netgear Router support?
However, unlike every technological invention even Netgear routers may come across an unknown technical glitch. This may seem irritating to users and for some it might interfere with their important work. Hence, the experts at Netgear router support offer their expert guidance for every issue that a user might come across.
One of the issues that users often come across is that they are unable to connect to the internet. There is no need to worry as the experts at Netgear support have an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide to take care of the issue.
Guide for resolving internet connection issues
- Disconnect your router and connect your computer directly to your modem.
- If you cannot access the Internet, contact your ISP.
- If you can access the Internet, reconnect your router as it was before and follow the next step.
2. Log in to the router. For proper instructions check the router user manual. If you are unable to connect to the internet then follow the steps mentioned below;
- Ensure all cables attached to the router and computer are secure.
- The Internet LED is lit. If the Internet LED is not lit, refer to the router manual to troubleshoot the light status.
- If you are using a device that is connected to the router using an Ethernet cable, check that the LEDs for the ports with cables are lit. If a port LED with an Ethernet cable is not lit, move the cable to a different port on the back of the router. If a port LED still does not light, see the router manual.
- In case you are using a wireless device, check that the LED on the wireless adapter is on. If the wireless adapter LED is not lit then check the adapter manual for troubleshooting.
- If all cables are securely seated and LEDs are lit appropriately, follow these steps:
- Power off the router and power it on again.
3) If you are still unable to log in to the router, perform a factory default reset.
4) If you are able to log in to the router, run the router’s Smart Wizard and follow the steps mentioned below;
- If a dynamic IP address is discovered, proceed to the next step.
- If PPPoE is discovered, configure your router with the username and password provided by your ISP. Click Apply and wait.
- If a static IP address is discovered, configure your router with the IP address for your router, the address of the ISP’s DNS, and the address of the default gateway. Your ISP provided you with this information.
5) However, in case the Smart Wizard is not able to find the required IP address, follow the below mentioned steps;
- Power off the router.
- Power off the modem.
- Power on the modem.
- Power on the router.
6) Next, Click the Smart Wizard Test button to access the NETGEAR online test page.
Under Router Status, confirm the router gets a valid IP address.
However, in the off chance that you are not able to follow-up with the procedure; contact our experts at Netgear router support number Australia 1 800 987 893