In case you are Netgear JNR1010 wireless router is not getting connected to the internet, follow the below troubleshooting steps by Netgear tech support professionals.
- Check if the cable modem is working
- Verify the physical connection to the cable modem
- Set the Internet settings manually
If the setup wizard has failed to discover the correct settings for your Internet connection. Below are the guidelines by Netgear tech support experts.
- Launch your browser from a computer that is connected to the router.
- Type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com to access the User Interface of the router.
- If prompted for login details, default userid = ’admin’, password =‘password’.
- Go to Advanced tab on the NETGEAR genie.
- Select Setup and click Sub-Category of Internet Setup to configure the Internet connection of your router.
- If your ISP requires a login to connect (most cable ISP’s do not), at Does your internet connection requires a login? , select Yes, and fill the information that is required on the field to enable the login :
- Enter your ISP’s username and password.
- Enter your ISP’s Service Name, if required.
iii. Select Connection Mode to “Always ON”
- For Internet IP Address, select the radio button Get Dynamically from ISP.
- For Domain Name Server (DNS) Address, select the radio button Get Automatically from ISP, unless your ISP has specified that DNS servers are to be specified manually, in which case select Use These DNS Servers and enter the DNS IP address or addresses supplied by the ISP.
- Click Apply.
- Use the computer MAC Address
You are done. It should work now!
In case if it don’t, please contact Netgear tech support experts for assistance. Call on Netgear router support Australia @ toll free number at 1- 800- 987-893 for help.