Netgear has been releasing regular updates for its routers and modems to provide complete online security to its users. Apart from providing the best products to both individuals and business owners, the company provides updates to keep the firmware upgraded as per latest technology. Netgear also has one of the most effective customer care unit known as Netgear customer support to take care of any issue effecting the performance of any Netgear product.
If you are a Netgear router user and facing issues while trying to upgrade the firmware on your Netgear router, you might have been looking at the wrong place. No need to worry anymore as the experts at Netgear router support are here to lend their guidance to keep your internet router completely upgraded.
The specialists at Netgear router tech support have come up with an easy-to-follow guide to help you upgrade your router within minimal time frame.
Guide for upgrading the Netgear route firmware using check button
- Launch your web browser from the computer or Wi-Fi device connected to the network. We would recommend using an Ethernet cable to connect your system to the router for the firmware upgrade.
- In the address bar, enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
- Enter the router username and password. The default username is admin and the default password is password, both the username and password are case-sensitive.
- Select Advanced then select Administration.
- Click on Firmware update or the router update button. The button label will vary according to the router.
- Click the Check button. The router will look for any new firmware information and will display a message if a new version is available.
- Click the Yes option. The router will begin to download the firmware update.
Note: During the download, do not try to interrupt the update. This might render the router completely useless.
However, if you are unable to upgrade the router following these guidelines; make sure to contact our experts at Netgear router support via toll-free number 1 800 987 893